Espy Specs Protocols to Protect Patients in the Covid-19 Era
We take patient and staff safety seriously at Espy Specs. We are making the following adjustments to limit the risk of exposure to Covid-19 in the clinic. Unfortunately, given the nature of the disease, there is still some risk of exposure in this setting. We will happily accommodate rescheduling appointments if you feel that you should postpone your visit.
- Patients are asked to reschedule appointments if during the last two weeks there has been any known exposure to Covid-19, symptoms (fever, chills, cough, difficulty breathing), or travel more than 100 miles from the office.
- Patients are asked to respond to emails/phone calls to collect necessary information and signatures prior to the appointment to reduce time spent in the office.
- The number of patients in the clinic at any one time will be limited.
- Drivers are asked to wait outside when possible. Children should be accompanied by only one guardian.
- Staff members will be sent home if they exhibit any Covid-19 symptoms.
- All patients and staff members will wear masks.
- Patients and staff are asked to respect a six foot social distancing bubble whenever possible.
- All frames will be disinfected after they are handled. Please leave them in the supplied bins.
- Associates will clean and disinfect all equipment and surfaces after each exam.
- Public spaces will be regularly cleaned and disinfected.
- Associates will wash/sanitize their hands prior to and after patient interactions.